Adidas KOTR 22KM, Shah Alam Stadium (6.30am, 02/08/09)

Sunday 9 August 2009



This is my 1st race wearing my Adizero Breeze for 1/2 marathon and was not sure how my legs will cope as i usually wear my Asics 2120 or the Nimbus.
Well, the race was punctually started by the Selangor MB. I intend to run at least 5.5 mins per km pace for the whole race. There were several hills along the way and back but I manage quite well, maybe due to my lighter shoes. IThere were ample water and 100plus though we weren't given any powergel. The route was quite hilly with quite a number of roundabouts. Traffic was quite heavy especially at the main roundabouts and we runners have breath the bad smoke and hazy air. Worst still there were a few drivers horning impatiently at runners.
The organisers should have put up distance markers for the benefit of runners not familiar with the route.
I managed to complete the race 2hr 04mins which was within my normal timing, maybe i could have done better if i had pushed myself more.
The shoes passed the test and my legs did not ache and i will continue wearing them for future 1/2 marathons.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP